Terms and Conditions
Article 1: Definition
-"User" refers to individual persons using the system of MyJapanBrand.com. (Hereinafter referred to as "User" or "you")
-"we" refers to MyJapanBrand.com. (Hereinafter referred to as "MJB" or "We")
-"Service"refers to the service MJB provides the user, such as bidding on Japanese online auctions, shopping at Japanese online stores, shipping items and helping the user to forward items the user purchases by himself.
Article 2: Terms and Conditions
- The following conditions apply to the users of MyJapanBrand.com. All users are required to follow these terms and conditions.
- Since the terms and conditions of MJB are in accordance with the laws of Japan and interpreted by Japanese law, the interpretation of the laws of other countries does not affect the conditions.
- User and MJB agree that any court proceedings relating to the terms and conditions should be resolved by the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court.
Article 3: Change of terms
Article 4: MJB service
- The services of MJB consist of bidding on Japanese online auctions, buying items from Japanese online shopping sites at the user's request, receiving/storing/packing/dispatching items.
Users pay fees determined by MJB no later than the date determined by MJB
Purchase service 1st charge (purchase fee and local bank transfer fee in addition to item price) and 2nd charge (local shipping fee, fees the seller demands, packing/ handling fee and PayPal transaction fee in addition to international shipping, insurance)
MJB free address service (item fee, packing/ handling fee and PayPal transaction fee in addition to international shipping, insurance)
- Users pay storage fee if the free period for storage exceeds.
- Users pay the late payment charge if the second charge is not paid within three days after MJB requests.
- Upon going through the custom clearance on Japan's side, if the export inspection by the customs is made or if documents for item details (such as MSDS) are required from the shipping company or the customs, user must arrange by user and submit to MJB immediately.
- Commissions and fees are subject to change without any prior notice.
- If the shipment is not requested from the user and MJB do not get any reply from the user within 60 days from the date of arrival of the item at MJB, the ownership of the item is transferred to MJB. The first charge will not be refunded in this case.
- If the second charge is not paid after the shipping is requested from the user within 60 days from the date of arrival of the item at MJB, the ownership of the item is transferred to MJB. The first charge will not be refunded in this case.
- It is not possible to cancel the bidding on auction. In some cases of online shopping, cancelation is accepted. Even then you must pay at least the MJB purchase fee and other costs if the seller requires
- MJB is not responsible for the mismatch of description or the lack of explanation on the item resulting from the automatic translation provided on MJB site. MJB does not guarantee the accuracy of the translation. MJB is not liable for your loss that occurs as a result of inaccurate translation.
Article 5: Discontinuation and interruption of MJB service
MJB can interrupt or stop the service when the system is overloaded or when the regular maintenance is activated. MJB is not liable for the user's loss caused by these circumstances. MJB reserves the right to modify or discontinue the service.
Article 6: Disclaimer
- MJB is not liable for the loss caused by the violation of these terms and conditions.
- MJB does not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, validity, reliability, and legality of the information related to the sales.
- We are not liable for any loss attributable to the service provided by MJB such as the interruption or suspension of the service, data loss on the service, or unauthorized access to the service.
- MJB does not guarantee that there is no virus in messages by e-mail using the names of MJB website, server or domain name.
- MJB is not liable for the advice or information provided to you by MJB.
- MJB does not write a product review on your behalf for discount or reward on the product.
- MJB is not responsible for the difference that may occur in the refund of your payment attributable to fluctuations in exchange rates.
- MJB cannot guarantee that you win on the auction. You receive the full refund when you did not win on the auction.
- MJB has the right to keep points generated by the purchase we make from online stores on your behalf.
- MJB is not responsible for the mismatch of description or the lack of explanation on the item resulting from the automatic translation provided on MJB site. MJB does not guarantee the accuracy of the translation. MJB is not liable for your loss that may occur as a result of inaccurate translation.
- Most of the sellers on shopping sites and auction sites do not stock products. In the case of long delivery time, if the seller states in the description of the product that cancelation cannot be accepted, you cannot cancel the order once it has been placed. MJB is not liable for your time loss.
- It is not possible to cancel a bid on the auction. As regards shopping on online stores, the seller may accept the cancellation. Even when the cancelation is accepted by the seller, you are still bound to pay MJB the purchase fee and other costs if the seller demands.
- In the case you select snipe bidding, bidding is carried out just before the end of the auction. MJB cannot be held responsible if your bidding cannot be carried out due to the problems such as congestion of the access on the site.
- MJB may refuse to shop or bid on some sites you request.
- If Items you request are prohibited products and are seized by the customs of Japan or of your country, MJB cannot be held responsible and all your payment will not be refunded.
- MJB does not make a purchase under your name.
- You must accept the rules that shopping sites or auction sites adapt.
- After you make a shipment request, MJB does not change the contents or the shipping address.
- MJB uses used cardboard boxes to pack your items. However, if your items turn out to be too huge, long, or heavy for a regular box, MJB needs to get a special box whose cost you must bear.
- If you want MJB to add other item(s) or separate contents after you have already made a packing request, MJB asks you for the packing fee again.
- If you want to have your items sent to an address inside Japan, you must register the address to your PayPal account first. The sales tax is imposed on both the first and second payments.
- MJB does not receive instructions from you as to how you would like us to pack products.
- If damage is found on the item you receive, you need to contact MJB within one week after the arrival of the parcel.
- MJB is not liable for duties and taxes levied by the customs of the destination country. Duties and taxes are not shown on the price provided by MJB. Please contact the customs of the destination country for more information.
- If the destination country demands a permit of import or license for the goods, it is the user's responsibility to arrange or get import permission or license.
- There may be import restrictions according to the items. Please check with the relevant departments of the destination country before you make a bid request, a purchase request or use MJB free address service. MJB is not liable for any loss due to your failure to comply with the terms. MJB does not cancel your order under these circumstances.
- Items that contain the lithium ion battery cannot be shipped to some countries. Please check whether you can have it sent to your country before making bid request, purchase request or using MJB free address service. If your country does not accept the lithium ion battery for import, MJB cannot do anything and does not take responsibility. If it can be imported to your country, it must be attached inside the product. Please e-mail MJB if you want us to inspect the product. If the item is returned to us, you bear the return fee or other handling fees the delivery company demands. MJB is not liable for your loss of delivery time and cost.
- The following items are prohibited to be exported by Japanese customs. Please check well before using the MJB service or ordering. MJB neither accepts cancellation nor refunds after your bidding/purchase request.
example: Ammunition, Fireworks, Crackers
example: Butane lighter fuel, Fire extinguisher, Diving tanks, Camping gas, Butane gas, Spray
example: Oil lighter, Lighter fuel, Paint
example: Matches, Charcoal
example: Oxygen generator, Peroxides, Bleaching powder
example: Agricultural chemicals, Pesticides
example: Wet battery, Mercury
other hazardous materials, Magnetized materials, Engines
Wild animals, plants and their products in violation of CITES (Washington Convention)
Peroxides, Oxidizing agents
Small personal oxygen generator
Butane Lighter Fuel
Diamonds (including rough and fabricated diamonds)
Counterfeit, altered or fake currency
Postage stamps and fiscal stamp
Important Cultural Property
Product with an undeterminable origin
Lithium-metal batteries (Limited to certain countries)
Lithium-ion batteries (Limited to certain countries)
Products with aforementioned built-in batteries (Limited to certain countries)
Plants, Bonsai etc.
Article 7: Prohibitions
When using the services of MJB, the following are prohibited.
- Violation of laws, regulations, and these terms and conditions.
- Acts that may infringe on the rights of MJB, the seller, or the third party, acts that may be harmful to MJB, the seller, or the third party, and acts that may be an offense against public morality.
- Falsified personal information, payment information, credit card information
- Fraud, identity theft
- Writing and/or sending harmful programs or messages by e-mail
- Hacking other computers or the server of MJB
- Allowing the third party to use your account
Article 8: Personal information
MJB does not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following cases.
- If it is demanded by the law
- purpose of police investigation
- purpose of service improvement by partners / organizations (under strict information management